Thursday, February 24, 2011

Class notables

So the time of the year has come where most senior high school students are choosing colleges, buying prom dresses, and voting on class notables. My class just found out the results of our "elected" (reasons on why that's in quotations to come) notables today. And I can honestly say that it amazes me how incredibly immature and irritating people can still be. We voted about two weeks ago on who we thought should win each category and handed our ballots in. Well it turns out that apparently the kids who were tallying the ballots were cheating. That is so typical. Popular snotty girls getting their way as usual. The thing that really gets me though is one of the girls actually posted on Facebook that they were getting the last say on who would win, which caused quite an uproar. Personally I found the whole situation just ridiculous. People get too worked up over this type of thing and the fact that people cheated made it even more crazy. Why can't you just let whoever is supposed to win, win? Why ruin it? This is one of the reasons I didn't buy a yearbook, because I'm hoping to move on from this type of thing when I graduate. Although I hear people are the same no matter what age you are...

No comments:

Post a Comment