Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bad Day.

Yesterday was just one of those days. One of the ones where everything seems to go wrong. One of the ones where you have to clean up nasty stuff at work. Yesterday at work was terrible. I'm going to say it in the least disgusting way I can: I had to clean up little kid vomit.

Sure, a lot of jobs deal with gross situations all the time. Doctors and nurses probably do daily. But do they make minimum wage? Probably not. So when my super obnoxious co-worker walks over and says "Some lady came and said some little kid got sick in theater four (I work at a movie theatre)" I said "Ok I'll get it but someone will have to come hold the flashlight since the movie is still going on". And very rudely she replied "Yeah right. Have fun with that." That girl is so snotty, it really bugs me. Anyways, I didn't really mind cleaning the mess up since I was the designated usher for the night. But we're supposed to be a team. We're supposed to work together.

I go up to the manager's office and tell them about it. One of the managers (who is really mean all the time) was less than helpful. The other two felt bad and said they would help but never really did. So when the movie was over (we couldn't find the mess during the movie) I was stuck cleaning it up alone.

My not-so-nice boss never really gave me any directions, so I was just kind of winging it. The mop and bucket we have at my work is extremely heavy, and my boss never said to use it, so I tried it without it at first. It didn't go so well. About twenty minutes later, one of the only co-workers who is helpful at all offers to bring the mop over and helps me since I was almost in tears. The whole cleaning up vomit thing didn't even really bother me at all, I'm just so sick of dealing with the rude people at my work. I was so close to just walking out and making them clean it up themselves. But I didn't because I figured that wouldn't be the right thing to do. I'm still debating on what to do about my job, because I don't really like it but I need the money.

Just another fun thing I've had to deal with lately.

3 comments:

  1. ew. i've had days like that before. i was having a good day today, but it quickly became bad. same kinda thing: keep friends, get rid of friends. keep job, quit job.

    lemme know when you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough decision. If you really need the money, just ride it out. But if you can do without it, leave I guess, most of the people there sound like gits.

    It's true that beggars can't be choosers, but anyone with self respect should draw the line somewhere.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice guys :)
    For the mean time I've decided to stick it out since I really like having the extra money.
    I figure I'll deal with it until I find something else eventually or it gets so bad I just can't take it.

    ReplyDelete