Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My crazy life

Things have been a little stressful the past few days for me. I got sick (ok, maybe I was just overstressed and needed to stay home) on Thursday and Friday. So between some makeup work, regular schoolwork, and my job I have been running all over the place. So many things are coming up-I have exams for some of my classes in April and May (they are classes similar to AP classes so they're college level) and then there's prom (I've decided that I might go) and trying to get my license and other things I just can't remember at the moment because my brain is too full.

Progress on my driving skills: I drove a few times today. Once to the mall, and home (in the dark!) from my local Toys R Us. My mom said I'm doing pretty good and that I only made a couple of small mistakes. When I was coming up a street that's really narrow and on a hill, she said I got a little close to a parked car. Another thing was that when I was turning into my driveway she said I was kind of pulling in from the left lane which I know is bad, but I live on a dead end street and nobody was around. Anyways, I feel like I'm doing well with driving as a whole, I just have to get used to the little rules of the road. I'm already feeling more comfortable on the road. The first year or so I had my permit I was really scared to drive, especially in busy areas. I would get really nervous driving on the highway. But ever since August or so some of that fear has gone away. I'm feeling better about it so I feel that I'm making good progress.

I should probably go finish my calculus homework (by the way, I HATE calculus). For some reason a lot of it just doesn't click for me. Oh well. I'm trying but at this point I'm just looking forward to graduation.

Oh, I almost forgot (well I didn't forget, I'm just trying to forget about it) the reason I didn't get into my top choice school was because of a computer glitch. I was upset when I heard about it, but I think all of this happened for a reason. It's really made me rethink my potential major (I wanted to go pre-med or pre-dental since I was about 13) but I feel like that's not what's going to make me the happiest. I'm a little annoyed that I took all of these classes in high school that would have prepared me for this path, but that's the way it goes. I'm about 99% I'm attending a local community college, and I applied for a scholarship (pretty sure I mentioned this in a recent post). Just waiting to hear back. I think eventually I'd like to transfer and major in accounting and/or business. Not sure which yet, but that's what I think I'm going to do. Opening my own business has always been a dream of mine. So why shouldn't I follow it? It worse comes to worse I'll have a good major to fall back on. I'll just have to see where life takes me. I feel like maybe things will start to fall into place a little. (Let's hope)

3 comments:

  1. i hope things go well for you! keep up the driving and embrace the calculus!! if you love it, it will love you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed. live is crazy! :) but a very nice adventure..

    ps. love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I checked out your blog, it seems cool too :)

    ReplyDelete