Sunday, January 23, 2011

10 random facts about me

So for this post I've decided to create a list of 10 random facts about me. Sit back and get ready to learn about the extremely exciting me. (this list is in no particular order)

1. I'm always really cold...I started with this one first because I'm sitting here freezing as I type this. No matter the season, I can guarantee you I'll be sitting there shivering. I actually have this weird condition where my toes turn a purple/bluish color whenever they get really cold. I always get comments from my friends whenever I wear sandals. I think the condition is called Raynaud's or something. It has to due with poor circulation.

2. Another fact about my feet-I have monkey toes. I know, that sounds kind of creepy and weird, but I have really flexible toes. If I drop something on the floor, I can pick it up with my toes without bending down to pick it up with my hands. One time when I was about ten I decided to measure how far apart I could spread my toes. It was over an inch between my fourth toe and my pinky toe. How fascinating, right?

3. For number three, I won't discuss my feet. I'll discuss my past obsession with the Jonas Brothers. Yep, I used to love the Jonas Brothers. But before you start thinking I was some teeny bopper stalker, I wasn't. I actually liked them about two years before they became famous. My friend saw them in a small shopping mall and told me about them, which started it all. I saw them seven times and met them three. I really liked them up until they got really famous, and then the whole thing just became kind of annoying. That always happens to me, I always find a band I really like and then they become extremely famous. It sucks.

4. Lately I've been having a really hard time accepting myself. I've been under a lot of stress lately and have received some not so nice comments about my appearance from those around me. I always feel like I'm never good enough, and it's really pathetic because about a year ago I had finally gotten to the point where I had really high self-esteem. I'm not quite sure how to re-build it.

5. This one kind of goes with number four. I feel like I just blend into the background of the world around me. Even my mother said that to me. It always seems like I'm second best for everything. I'm decently good at a lot of things, but there's not one thing that I really excel at. Which is why choosing a college/major has been really difficult for me.

6. About five years ago I had a family member pass away who was fairly young. I feel like this has really changed my outlook on things, and has made me more mature than people my age in a lot of ways. I think when it happened people just figured I was over the whole thing, but it actually took me quite a while to get over it. I just bottled up all of my emotions and dealt with it day by day, and eventually I was able to come to terms with it. Although nobody really talks about it anymore, I still have rough days dealing with it.

7. I work hard in school, but it still feels like I never achieve anything because my friends are all so smart. Sometimes that's hard to deal with and to feel happy for them when they can get into whatever school they want when I'm still finding my way.

8. Lately I've been obsessed with Rice Krispy treats and those soft microwavable pretzels. I also really love Peanut Butter Smidgens from Gertrude Hawks chocolates. I could eat an entire box in one day if I don't watch it.

9. I love shopping. Any day, any time of the day, I would go shopping. I know that sounds shallow, but I've loved buying clothes every since I was little.

10. Most of the people I know perceive me as being really quiet, but when you get to know me I can be pretty loud and crazy.

That covers most of the basics I think.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about not excelling at anything. No matter how hard you try, someone will always beat your 19/20 chem quiz score with a 20. Someone will always jump higher than you when you grand jete across the floor at dance practice. And someone will always capture the light better in that drawing in art class. So when that happens, I just tell myself that no matter how hard anyone tries, NO ONE will ever be better at being Lexie than myself. That sounds cheesy and something a high school counselor would say. Or something you would read in a self help book for fat middle aged women going through menopause. But hey. It's completely true. No one can ever be me. hahahahahaa wow. I'm lame.

    Sometimes I eat cocoa krispies right out of the box :D Oh the life of a college freshman...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that feeling (the not excelling at anything). I've always had trouble accepting it but I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete