Monday, January 17, 2011

"Here on Earth"

So I don't know if I even have anyone reading my blog at all yet, but I'm still going to go on and ramble about a movie I watched recently. I just watched a somewhat older movie, "Here on Earth" with Josh Hartnett in it. First off, let me just say that he was looking good in that movie. But besides the fact that there were guys walking around without shirts on in the movie, I didn't really get it. I mean I understood the storyline of the movie, but it was kind of strange. If you haven't seen the movie and by some chance plan on watching it, beware that I'm about to spoil the ending. The movie is basically about a girl who near the end of the movie we find out she is ill and she ends up passing away. But before that, these two guys are car racing and run into her parents' restaurant, ruining it which leads to them doing the task of re-building it. The girl in the movie (whose name I don't remember) is dating Josh Hartnett's character, but ends up cheating on him and leaving him for the other guy in the movie. I found this plot to be kind of depressing in a way, it wasn't exactly the light-hearted movie I expected. It reminded me of "A Walk to Remember", but definitely not as good, and in "A Walk to Remember", Mandy Moore's character doesn't have the dilemma of choosing between two guys. "Here on Earth" definitely wasn't as deep and as touching as "A Walk to Remember". But anyways, the reason for me talking about "Here on Earth" was that I could relate to the girl in the movie and how confused she is about life. I still have no idea what I want to do with my life, or where I want to go to school. It seems that everyone around me seems to have it all figured out, and I'm just sitting here with no idea. Like I said before, it doesn't seem like anyone is reading my blog, but if by some small chance there is, what is your advice for someone who has no idea on which direction to take in life next?

No comments:

Post a Comment