Saturday, January 15, 2011

Confused...about everything.

After a recent break-up, I have been trying to re-build my life. It's been more difficult than I thought. I always thought that I would be with this person forever, and without realizing it, slowly began to build my life around this person. I know what you're thinking, "How can someone be so stupid to do that?" Trust me, I would have thought the exact same thing. However, sometimes when someone's in a situation rather than looking in from the outside, their judgement and views become less clear on what's truly happening. I slowly began to become isolated from the world around me, and I didn't care at the time. Never being an extrememly social person, I felt great that I finally had someone to lean on and hang out with. In reality, this person really didn't lend me a shoulder to cry on when I needed to, or congratulate me on my accomplishments (which lately, doesn't seem like many). I slowly become one of those girls that I used to feel bad for-the ones that have their boyfriends become such a big part of their lives that there's not much room for other things. I think I became so dependent on always having them around, that I was scared to be alone. This is a bizarre thing for me to feel, since this was my first serious relationship, so in some ways before I was alone. The funny thing is, is that right before I found this person, for once in my life I was content with the place in my life that I was at the time. It's not like that anymore. I have no idea what to do with my life, or what to turn to. I guess this is one of those situations where I'll just have to see what happens and go from there.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like this blog will definitely help you in the long run. It's like therapy. You talk. Someone listens.

    ReplyDelete